1. Success is a combination of hard work and grit, yes, but also of opportunity:
- Applying your passions to an industry that grows in your time period is key (think: Bill Gates).
- Having an upbringing that stimulates growth. Being smart, but seeing the long-term view on things.
2. Work harder than your peers and make that work ethic a family tradition or motto.
3. Have your kids read or learn math over the summer. Summer vacations stunt and set back the growth they learned from the school year.
4. Bring those “advantages” the outliers had to all, including yourself and your children.